CSR is a form of corporate self-regulation integrated into a business model.DCL also plays an active role in creating the social infrastructure of communities where its various entities are active, such as healthcare and education. With these initiatives, the foundation aims to embrace responsibility and encourage a positive impact on the society as well as the environment.DCL today works in several spheres benefitting lives even in the remotest areas of modern India.
We believe that a community with a soul is the most beautiful gift we can give to the coming generations. This is why as we climb the corporate ladder we also try to touch the many lives that make Digamber Group. The best community service should start close to home and we strive to do just that.
Brief outline of the Company’s CSR Policy, including overview of projects or programs proposed to be undertaken:
Being a micro finance company, we are always devoted for betterment of society especially among women & their family and endowers for their livelihood enhancement. Company is committed to improve the lives of the society in which it operates. The Company believes in its efforts to improve the society and strives to create a positive impact on the communities it serves and on the environment.
The objective of our CSR policy is to actively contribute to the social, environmental and economic development of the society in which we operate.
CSR KEY INITIATIVES:
During the year, company has undertaken its CSR responsibilities with a focus on philanthropist and humanitarian activities aiming towards promotion of welfare and development of the society.
Further projects and programs as proposed to be undertaken are as follows:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, ‘‘promoting health care including preventive health care’’ and sanitation including [contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh set-up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation] and making available safe drinking water.
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects.
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
- ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water including contribution to the Clean Ganga Fund set-up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga.
- Promotion & protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional art and handicrafts;
- measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, paralympic sports and Olympic sports
- Contribution to the prime minister’s national relief fund or any other fund set up by the central govt. for socio economic development and relief and welfare of the schedule caste, tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the central govt.
- rural development projects
- Slum area development.